Have you heard about floating flooring? If not it is one of the latest ways which is bringing about home improvement in most of the modern homes of today. Floating floor is a type of installation where people use planks and board to design their floors. This floor cannot be applied for the sub-floor and the basement.
And in some cases, technicians also use some tiles for designing the floating floor, and they attach these tiles with glue and make the floor quickly. Before we go into further details how this new concept of flooring helps in the overall improvement of homes let us first understand what it is all about.
Flooring materials generally used:
There may be various flooring materials, which may be used for this type of flooring. Out of the all the material types used wooden floor materials are very popular. There are many reasons for their popularity. When these are used they are attached to one another by gluing or snapping to one another. Floating flooring can be used for the laminated floors, vinyl floor, and engineered and ceramic floor substrate. In such cases, people can paste or attach several boards to design the laminated floor, and similarly, they can also nail and staple down the engineered flooring.
- These are not attached to the substrate. There are other materials, which can be used for similar flooring. These include plywood, concrete, ceramic tiles or even vinyl sheets.
- Most people however prefer wooden material instead. One major reason is that wooden materials can be installed faster in comparison to other materials.
- If you are to use porcelain or ceramic tiles for floating flooring then they must be mortared before they can be used for this purpose. In this regards, you need to apply some adhesive for attaching these ceramic tiles and you can easily design the floating floors with these tiles. But most people like to design their floating floor with wooden boards, because it is durable and it can provide you the great polished look.
What are the benefits of Floating Flooring?
Be it your basement or any other place at your home but the flooring is of prime importance. These types of floating floors can serve as an excellent option in terms of durability, comfort and looks. Thus it is widely used in most homes, commercial as well as office space as on date.
- These floorings are best for adapting to humidity changes
With changes in seasons humidity levels and temperatures keep changing. These can create expansion and contraction of the flooring in most building materials. Any such changes are easily handled by floating floors. They are therefore better suited to adjust to any changes and are much more durable as a result.
- Floating flooring is easy to install
In comparison to other types of flooring the method for installing floating floor is much easier
. They therefore are also a cheaper option for flooring. Experts feel that engineered wooden floating floors are the best option in terms of ease of installation.
- Floating floors give a great look and are easy to clean
No matter how great your flooring looks at the beginning but maintenance and cleaning it is the most important. So you need to go for flooring styles that not only have a great look but also easier to clean.