The “Traditional, Alternative and Complementary Medicines” , known by the acronym MAC, are according to the WHO: Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ayurveda Medicine, Homeopathy, Phytotherapy, Unani Medicine, Naturopathic Medicine and certain Manual Techniques (Tuina , Osteopathy, Nuad Thai). Next, Dr. Jorge R. Alonso tells us the benefits of Traditional, Alternative and Complementary Medicines Kambo.
Learn about 10 of its benefits:
1.Comprehensive approach: MACs work a lot on the patient’s preventive aspects, providing guidance on diet, quality of life, physical activity and emotional stability. This allows you to see better results in general terms than with conventional treatments.
The MACs propose a more fundamentalist approach and maintain that “there are no diseases but sick people.”
- Active individual: In CAM the patient becomes “doing” because he stops being passive (hence the word patient derives) and begins to be active, to build from a personal point of view to avoid the disease.
- Better doctor-patient relationship: MACs, since they are not accredited or listed in social works (for the most part) allow the doctor to work an hour or more in consultations with his patient. On the other hand, in the allopathic system, the patient can spend 5 minutes in the office, almost without being heard. The doctor-patient relationship is essential for any art of healing, and carrying it out in consultations of a few minutes will never generate the empathy and adherence necessary to successfully complete a treatment.
- Medications: prevention and chronic processes. Many phytomedicines are the first choice in conventional pathologies. Perhaps by way of generalizing the panorama, we can say that phytotherapeutic medications are highly effective in chronic processes. Furthermore, nutrigenomics, which are molecules present in foods of plant origin (phytochemicals), capable of modifying genes that express certain diseases, are “preventive” remedies, and if necessary, they are used as a complement to other treatments when the disease is already present. installed.
- Personalized treatment: The MAC propose a more fundamentalist approach and maintain that “there are no diseases but sick people.” Therefore, in a medical approach to any of the CAM, we can see that for 10 hypertensive, diabetic, or asthmatic patients, there will surely be 10 different treatments.
- Safe cures without side effects: Natural medicine may “sin” of being slower, but it is safer in the long term. In the case of products for the Nervous System, chemical medications can generate addiction and dependency, something that natural products do not generate.
- Low cost: With specific regard to Phytomedicine, as an advantage we can point out its wide therapeutic range (less toxicity) and its low economic cost.
- Complementary with allopathic medicine: Many of the CAM demonstrated that combined with allopathic medicine, they improve healing expectations and reduce adverse effects, in relation to conventional treatments with chemicals alone.
- Legislative support: By having university endorsement, and support in current legislation, a person can choose to perform an alternative or complementary treatment, dispensing with allopathic consultation. Logically, the professional acting in these cases must have sufficient academic training and a sufficient general vision of the art of healing to know about the limitations of his or her own treatment.
- Complementary to each other: MACs can be complementary to each other, without problems. Only that the patient must communicate to his therapists about the treatments he is carrying out simultaneously.